Saturday, March 31, 2012

Fresh Ambrosia

Don't you just love it when you are inspired to pull out some REALLY old supplies and see that it can still work??
When I saw this sketch from the Basic Grey blog, I remember this beautiful collection called Ambrosia, with these gorgeous butterflies. Once I had all the papers on my desk, this page came together so quickly.


I used just a touch of Mister Huey's mist on the background paper. All of the butterflies were fussy cut from a sheet of the patterned paper. Pop dots make them "fly" off the page. These newspaper print handmade flowers worked so well with these colors, they just had to be used. Some trim and lots of buttons finished off the whole look.
I am so happy that this came together so nicely. And I never gave up on the older stash. :)


Here is the fun sketch that I used:


2 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the butterflies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The butterflies are perfect for this sketch!

    ReplyDelete