Saturday, February 25, 2012

Scrapping weekend!!

Finally!! After today's basketball game, all I have to do this weekend is SCRAP!! YAY!! I really want to take a chunk out of my stash this weekend. I have coupons that are burning a hole in my pocket! And I am really anxious to see what the kit clubs are going to offer for March... :)

I started out this morning with sketch #140 from Twisted Sketches. The twist was "white"...any way, any how. What better way to use white than to start with a snow picture!


Here is this year's Snow Buddy. We dress him up differently every year. This year we tried a western theme. Behind the photo is a strip of burlap. Lots of fun foam snowflakes were used for the border strip. :)
I love how this one turned out! I'm also using this page for the Open Sketch challenge at Sketches in Thyme. :)

Then there was this month's sketch challenge from Imaginisce. After looking at all that snow, I needed to warm up. Out came the beach photos! I pulled out my stash of Splash...my all time favorite collection from them!

My little guy loves the beach and is more than happy to pose. He can over to help me with this page. He picked out the fish stickers and insisted the crabs had to be on the page also. I used a circle cutter to mat the stickers and inked them up. They are also on pop dots. The border strips were fussy cut and pop dotted...(is that a word??) I used a piece of scrapping floss to tie up the anchor sticker. I think he did a great job helping me out with this page. :)

I'm new to this site, but I wanted to throw my hat in the ring for the sketch challenge at GrandDiva's Creative Corner. I will accept any sketch inspiration! And this one was fun!

I really love the new A Boy's Life collection from Echo Park. Lots of the stickers were put on pop dots. This is my cousin's son...my cousin is an aspiring pilot, so this was perfect for this photo.

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful boy layouts, Wendy! thank you for playing along at Imaginisce...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are FAB!! I love love love all the designs and photos!! That snowman one is CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful work! I'm so glad you could join us at Imaginisce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job on all the sketches Wendy. Love the use of the Boys Life EP and your take on my sketch. Thanks for participating. Make sure you comment on Rochelle Spears blog and leave a ink to your entry: rochellespears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layouts! Love the scallops in the Imaginisce layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the Imaginisce sketch--I love how you used the little critters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous take on our sketch
    & your photo is perfect for the White Twist.
    Sheena
    twisted Sketches

    ReplyDelete