Sunday, August 21, 2011

Grin and Bear it


Everyone thought I was nuts when I said I was taking my kids to the zoo in February. But when I started showing off the pictures, they realized how much fun it could be. And it sure beats being locked up all winter!

Here is my take on this week's Sketchy Thursdays challenge. This pretty patterned paper is from the Linen Stack from Die Cuts with a View. Those little starbursts reminded me so much of snowflakes. :)

I mixed up my fonts...again. Hey, as long as I can keep mixing and not shop for more, it's all good...just ask the hubby!

A few other elements are some flocked paper along the bottom of the title and the page. Kinda resembles snow...
And some foam snowflakes that I used some pewter ink on. They shimmer really nice!

Fantasy Football draft is over, crowd is gone and now I can scrap in peace and quiet...lol.

6 comments:

  1. Love how wintery this layout it, the snowflakes looks great. I would love to go up north and see some polar bears and the northern lights...some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeeeeeee this! I loveeeeeeeeeee the photos and the snowflakes! Thanks sooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pictures!! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVe these photos and what a great title! Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos and we went to the zoo in Feb this year too : )

    ReplyDelete