Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sisters


I am losing the war against this head cold today. I was determined to work on something today, and not give in and go to bed.
I tried to combine a few things together...in case I am laid up for a few days and not able to work on anything. :(

I started out with sketch #67 from Inspired Blueprints. I had to flip the spot for the picture to make it work for me. I really need to order more prints!

One of my main goals this summer is to pull out out those great kits that I just HAD to buy and finally use them. This kit has been around for at least 2 - 3 years. It's from The Paper Studio from Hobby Lobby. I bought it on clearance for around $3! I loved the colors and obviously couldn't find the right pictures for it....until now. :)
I'm using this for the challenge at Scrap Your Stash. The challenge is called "Dust it Off". And I think this was buried under at least a half inch of dust. JK!! But I'm glad I was able to finally justify buying it. :)

The inspiration for the picture was challenge #93 from Scrap Whispers. The challenge was to use pictures that were just head shots or head and shoulders only. No background, no other elements. This picture of my 2 girls has always been one of my favorites. I never really cared for black and white photos, but I have to admit, the photographer did an amazing job with the photo shoot that day. New pictures are coming soon! :)

Now I'm off to take more meds and take a looong nap. :)

3 comments:

  1. ooh Wendy I love this layout - it looks fantastic. Great photo too. Thanks for playing Scrapwhispers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Wendy, I love the colors you chose and that photo is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Whispers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful. Those soft colours are just perfect for the picture. Thanks for joining us at SW, and I hope you're all recovered now.
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete