Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Practical Scrappers Reveal


This week's challenge at Practical Scrappers was to use White or Color Core Cardstock in any way you choose.  Tear it, sand it, emboss it....anything!
I think I did a little bit of everything here...
Other than the background paper, everything on this page was made with Core'dinations cardstock.  This stuff is so much fun to play with!
The sand and water was made by first tearing off strips of color core.  Then I embossed it with my Fiskars templates...old school, I know.  I used a little bit of sandpaper to sand off some of the embossing to show the color core.
I pretty much did the same thing with the starfish and the seashell.  I used some wooden accent pieces from Michael's to trace out the shapes.  I tried to crinkle them a bit to give them a little bit of dimension.
The sun was just torn and then I cut out strips.  It is lightly sanded, but it's hard to tell.  
The title block was made by using an old license plate title...anyone remember when those were in??  I've had this one for quite a while and just never made a page where it would fit.  The title on the plate was embossed so I just placed the cardstock over it and embossed a new title block.  Again, it was lightly sanded to show the color core.  
This was a really fun challenge and I am so glad I stocked up on every color imaginable!  





1 comment: