Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Practical Reveal and a sketch-a-ton

I was really happy to see that this week's challenge at Practical Scrappers was buttons!  I LOVE buttons!!!  I couldn't wait for the DT reveal to see what everyone else came up with.  Now I need to add more buttons to the shopping list.  It's almost like a staple, like milk and bread...I always need buttons!  
I think I pretty much use at least one button on every page in one way or another.  
I "Glimmer Misted" a few doilies green, to make them look like trees.  Then I added lots of buttons to represent apples on the trees.  The trunks of the trees were made with torn Core'dinations Cardstock.  


These next few pages are from the Sketch-a-ton Challenge at Sketches4all.  Every other day, a sketch or challenge will be revealed and you have until the end of the month to finish them up.  You get points for every challenge finished and if you use a Fall or School theme, you get an extra point.  I have LOTS of Fall pictures from last year.  So I'm pretty happy to have incentive to get them finished before this year's pictures hit the stack!
I LOVE these little felt stickers I found at Michael's!  Little scarecrows and the sunflowers!  TOO CUTE!  I'm heading into Michael's today to see what other goodies they have for Fall.
For this page, I added some corrugated paper and a little burlap to make it pop a little more.  I also distressed the edge of the circle a bit.  And more of those cute little felties.  :)
The titles on both of these pages were made with these little cardstock letters that were so popular a few years ago.  I had to have them in all colors and styles.  I'm so glad I am finally finding a use for them.  Gotta clean out that old stuff!

Speaking of cleaning out the old stash, I had a few school stickers from last year that I wanted to use up before I bought new stuff.  This was another sketch challenge from the sketch-a-ton.

I usually don't do cards, but I had some scraps and decided to put together a card for the next challenge.  It's good to go through the scrap box sometimes.  You never know what you might find....
And lastly, so far...is a Back to School tag.  I tried to keep in mind that this is going to fit on a page soon.  The tag was cut from the "chalkboard" paper and then I added a few school stickers.  Quick and simple, and I can't wait to use it on a page.
So today's challenge is to make a bookmark.  My daughter has been begging me to buy her one, so now I have a great reason to make one.  I hope I win her approval!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Wendy, just look at these fabulous layouts and tags!!! I don't use many buttons, but I really love what you did with yours... May have to start adding a few to my layouts... Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketches In Thyme!! Hugs!!
    BTW your daughter with love the tag you made her... It's precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you made the trees!! Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your "nature" layout!! Hay fever is my favourite!

    ReplyDelete