Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sketchy Thursday GDT

I have been staring at this sketch for more than a week trying to decide what to do with it.  Then I finally decided on a picture...and there it sat for a few more days.  Tonight I was finally inspired enough to get to work on it.  This is my submission for the Guest Designer Challenge at Sketchy Thursdays.  Wish me luck!
Most of the paper is from My Mind's Eye - Meadowlark Collection.
Then I added a few pieces from Colorbok - Nocturne Collection.
The orange pieces are from Colorbok - Sweet Clementine.
And I used one lonely Bazzill Border strip and inked it black.  
I actually broke out the old Coluzzle Cutting system to cut the photo and the mat.  

:)

4 comments:

  1. wow, gorgeous photo! thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch! I saw it and was tempted to give it a try! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww! LOVING that photo and the colors!! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo works really well as a circle, and I love the swirl detail on the bottom left! x

    ReplyDelete